For those looking to rent out their property, a landlord certificate is a must. This document is to cover both you and your tenant, and to assure both parties that the necessary checks have been carried through. Being a landlord you’re letting someone who might be a complete stranger into your home, this also means they’ll be using your facilities and any appliances that are included in your deal. Landlords are obliged to produce various safety certificates stating that things such as gas, electricity, and fire safety measures have been inspected and branded as ‘safe’ to be around.. At 1-2-1 Plumbers we can carry out the various checks and provide you with the certificates you need.
At 1-2-1 Plumbers we can carry out Gas Safety checks for those in need of a Gas Safety Certificate. By law, and under Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, all landlords need to have their property checked every 12 months, however it is advised you get the same inspection carried out in between clients even if you recently had your property checked. This certificate is a must and those that fail to obtain the certificate are leaving themselves open to pricey fines and possible legal action especially if any problems come to light.
Below we’ve listed a list of checks that need to be ticked off by your Gas Safe Registered engineer. At 1-2-1 Plumbers we are qualified to get the job done. Our qualified team of hardworking professionals will happily see to all your questions and queries before carrying out the inspection. Feel free to give us a call and inquire of our services and rates.
- Your gas appliances will be checked for gas tightness.
- If test points are available, standing and working pressure will be tested.
- Your Gas Safe engineer will check burner pressure and gas rate against the manufacturers data plate.
- Checks will be carried out for the provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Flue flow will be tested to make sure products of combustion are removed.
- All flame failure devices will be checked for satisfactory operation.
- Where appropriate checks will be made for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets.
- Investigations for any evidence of unsafe operation will be made and reported.
Always remember that this certificate is required by law, and while it may sound like an extra unwanted cost, those that don’t have the certificate can face serious consequences. If you have any concerns, or are a new landlord and aren’t familiar with the procedure we’ll happily discuss what needs to be done before the inspection is carried out. Depending on the situation of your gas related appliances and facilities, some work may need to be done before we can provide you with the certificate. Any work that needs to be seen to before we can hand over your certificate can be done by us at 1-2-1 Plumbers, and we’ll be more than willing to get the jobs done there and then depending on its situation.
- Burst Pipes Repaired
- Drains Unblocked
- Dripping Taps Repaired
- Toilet repairs and Overflows
- Replacement of old sink or Basin taps
- Replacing Ball Valves
- Replacement of water tanks
- Washing Machine Installations
- Installation of Dishwashers
- Boiler Servicing
- Water Leak Repairs
- Boiler Repairs
- Boiler Servicing and Breakdowns
- New Boilers
- Toilets, taps and sinks
- Full Central Heating Installation
- Gas Safety
- Gas Boiler Installations
- Gas Fire and Cooker Installations
- Landlord Gas Safety Certifications
- Full Bathroom Installation
- Pressure Boosting Shower Pumps
- Power & Electric Showers